Terms and Conditions
INTERNATIONAL CHANGEMAKER OLYMPIAD (HEREBY REFERRED TO AS “OLYMPIAD”) IS RUN BY THE ORGANIZATION “BETTER PLUS EDUCATION” (HEREBY REFERRED TO AS “BPE”), A TRUST BASED-IN BANGALORE DEDICATED TO PROMOTE LIFE SKILLS IN CHILDREN THROUGH VARIOUS ACTIVITIES,
INTERNATIONAL CHANGEMAKER OLYMPIAD IS AN ANNUAL OLYMPIAD WHERE ELIGIBLE STUDENTS PARTICIPATE (HEREBY REFERRED TO AS “PARTICIPANTS”) IN A TEAM OF 2-4 MEMBERS (HEREBY REFERRED TO AS “TEAM”), AND START AN INITIATIVE (HEREBY REFERRED TO AS “INITIATIVE”) TO SOLVE A REAL-WORLD PROBLEM THEY FIND IN THEIR HOME, SCHOOL OR COMMUNITY AND SUBMIT THEIR PROJECT TO THEIR TEAM MENTOR (HEREBY REFERRED TO AS “MENTOR”), ASSIGNED TO THEM BY BPE. THE PARTICIPANTS’ AND THE TEAM’S SUBMISSION, ALONG WITH ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED BY THE PARTICIPANTS IN CONNECTION WITH THE OLYMPIAD (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NAMES OF TEAM MEMBERS, IMAGES OF INITIATIVE-RELATED WORK OR OF TEAM, VIDEOS, REPORTS, OTHER DOCUMENTS, COLLATERALS, ETC.) WILL BE COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO HEREIN AS “FINAL SUBMISSION”.
1. Terms and Conditions ("Terms")
Last updated: May 17, 2019
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the https://ico-official.org/ website (hereinafter referred to as “Website”) operated by BPE.
For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions, wherever the context so requires “You”, “Yourself” or “User” shall mean any natural or legal person who has registered for the Olympiad and/or anyone who is visiting/accessing the website in any manner. The term “BPE”, “We”, “Us”, “Our” shall mean Better Plus Education and its affiliates.
Participating in the Olympiad or using the Website is strictly subject to the Terms which We hereby incorporate while granting access. Registration for the Olympiad or visiting/accessing the Website in itself shall result into an automatic consent from the Participants, visitors or any third party.In case of any disagreement regarding the same, You should not access the Website and should refrain from participating in any kind of activities in relation to or organised by BPE.
We may need to make changes to these Terms from time to time for many reasons. BPE reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time without notice. For example, We may need to reflect updates on how the Olympiad works or any other advancements that may take place in future.
By using this website, You should visit the Terms, which are posted on the Website at https://ico-official.org/terms-and-conditions/, from time to time to keep Yourself updated, and You are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms.
3. Links To Other Websites
BPE has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site.
The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by BPE of the site. BPE has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that BPE shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
BPE strongly advises You to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
4. Participation in the Olympiad including Rules of the Olympiad
Olympiad can be undertaken by students studying in class 7th-12th (at the time of registering) anywhere around the world. No individual can register for or enter the Olympiad unless he/she is a student of 7th standard of their respective country. If a Participant passes Secondary education i.e. class 12th during the Olympiad, they will not be disqualified and will be allowed to complete their initiative as part of the Olympiad. All Participants must have permission from a parent or legal guardian to enter this Olympiad. BPE reserves the right to verify an individual’s eligibility or any other original documents or proofs in furtherance of their capacity to participate in the Olympiad.
The authorities at BPE reserve the right to disqualify a participant found not fulfilling the criteria or any other situation prevailing against the policies of BPE.
If You want to enter the Olympiad, You can only enter by filling registration form available in your school / institution or by filling the registration form available on the Website and pay your registration fee via Payment methods that could be either online (Net Banking, Debit/Credit Card etc.) or offline methods (through your school, if they have partnered with BPE)
A User sending Us an email is not proof that we have received your registration.
BPE reserves no responsibility for any lost or delayed registrations or which are not received for any reason.
The opening and closing date is as specified for the Olympiad, and BPE reserves the right to amend the competition start and end date at any time for reasons that may/may not be disclosed.
c. Rules of the Olympiad
Please read the following rules carefully:
- Each team will be given a period of approximately 3-4 months to implement their initiative. The exact period will be communicated by the mentor post registration.
- The mentor will communicate the exact final deadline for your team at least 1 month in advance of it. No changes will be made later to it.
- All teams must complete their final report (Template to be shared by the mentor after registration) and submit the report and any other material in connection with the olympiad (including but not limited to images of initiative related work or team, videos, other documents, collaterals, etc.) before the deadline. Failure to do so will not qualify you for a successful participation and your work will not be evaluated.
- During the course or even after the Olympiad, you may be asked to submit proof of your work in various forms such as images and videos, and/or official documents signed by appropriate people, etc. Failure to do so may disqualify your team. This is done to ensure no team exaggerates their work and everyone is assessed fairly. In case of any doubts regarding the credibility of the work or impact numbers, the team may be disqualified without entertaining further clarifications.
- No plagiarism is entertained in your work while making your final report or videos beyond the accepted limit, and all your work has to be original.
- For any doubts and questions, the teams are expected to ask their mentors and clarify it, and not assume anything that’s not mentioned explicitly here and on the website.
All winners of the Olympiad will be notified via phone call and an official communication shall be made in the form of an email along with an official notification on the Website. BPE’s decision will be final & binding upon all, and no correspondence thereafter will be entered into.
By entering the Olympiad, the winner agrees to participate in any promotional activity and material as BPE may require.
e. Parental/Legal Guardian Consent
You may begin working on your “Initiative” and “Final Submission” after you have registered, however, your registration is not accepted until all Team Members have requested and received parental or legal guardian consent.
All Participants will be sent a form, after registration and payment of fees, that their parent/legal guardian must sign to consent their participation.
Parental or legal guardian consent is a requirement for all Participants, including each member of a team. BPE must receive parental or legal guardian consent for the Participants to participate in the Olympiad. Parental or legal guardian consent is also required for any activity that you undertake during the Olympiad. Read Safety Guidelines in paragraph “g” under this section to understand more.
The prize will not be transferable to another person.
No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
If an advertised prize is not available, BPE reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
g. Safety Guidelines
ALL PARTICIPANTS AND TEAMS MUST ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING SAFETY GUIDELINES. IF THESE GUIDELINES ARE NOT STRICTLY ADHERED TO, BPE AT ANY TIME, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, MAY DISQUALIFY A PARTICIPANT OR A TEAM FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE OLYMPIAD:
- Each Participant must at all times ensure their safety and keep their teacher and/or parents/legal guardian informed and take their teacher’s and/or parents/legal guardian’s consent while participating in any activity included in or as part of the Olympiad. For example, If You are going outside of your home for team meetings or any other activity, You must take permission from your teacher and/or parents/legal guardian.
- Each Participant must follow all safety instructions and must always take precaution to not hurt themselves during any activity with possibility of danger. They should always have some adult present with them whenever required.
- Each Participant while accessing any sites on the internet for research or any other purpose, must ensure they access only age appropriate website.
5. Ownership of Final Submission & Grant of Rights
You will retain ownership to your “Final Submission”. However, by entering the Olympiad, and to the extent allowed by law, you personally, and through your parent or legal guardian, grant BPE and their respective affiliates, licensees, promotional partners, developers, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees (collectively, the “Licensed Parties”), a perpetual (or for the maximum extent permitted by law), worldwide, royalty free, nonexclusive, sub licensable, unconditional and transferable license to edit, modify, cut, rearrange, add to, delete from, reproduce, encode, store, modify, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), your (or your Team’s) “Final Submission”, name, address, image, voice, likeness, statements, background and biographical material including, but not limited to, all materials submitted in connection with the Olympiad, as well as any additional photographic images, video images, portraits, documents, interviews or other materials arising out of your participation in this Olympiad (with or without using your name) in any and all media, in any language, throughout the world, and in any manner, for trade, advertising, promotional, commercial, or any other purposes without further review, notice, approval, consideration, or compensation to the Participants or any third party. You may be asked to submit your original video, presentation files, entry materials, research documentation, works cited, or other documentation/materials deemed necessary by BPE in its sole discretion. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
6. Refund Policy
If due to any reason, your entire team decides to withdraw their registration from the Olympiad, BPE grants a full refund of the registration fee within 7 days from the registration date.
If some members of a team decide to not continue after registration the remaining team members decide to continue, they can do that, provided there are at least 2 members in the team. If only 1 team member remains and wishes to continue, that member need to find at least another team member to make a team of minimum 2 team members as per the rules of the Olympiad.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
All the materials and products (including but not limited to software), included on or otherwise made available to the Participants through the Website are provided on “as is” and “as available” basis without any representation or warranties, express or implied except otherwise specified in writing.
8. Limitation of Liability
In no event shall BPE be liable for any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any other damages resulting from:
a. the use or the inability to use the Website or participate in the Olympiad
b. unauthorized access to or alteration of the user’s transmissions or data
9. Trademark, Copyright and Restriction
Website is controlled and operated by BPE. All material on Website, including images, illustrations, audio clips, and video clips, are protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights. Material on the Website is solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You must not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute such material in any way, including by email or other electronic means and whether directly or indirectly and You must not assist any other person to do so. Any use for which You receive any remuneration, whether in money or otherwise, is a commercial use for the purposes of this clause.
It is expressly clarified that the Participants will retain ownership and shall solely be responsible for any content that they provide during the Olympiad, including any text, data, information, images, photographs, music, sound, video or any other material which they may upload, transmit or store when participating in the Olympiad. However, BPE reserves the right to use/reproduce any content shared by Participant and/or Team and Participant and/or Team agree to grant royalty free, irrevocably, unconditionally, perpetually and worldwide right to BPE to use the content for promotional purpose. Read Section 5 – “Ownership of Final Submission & Grant of Rights” for detailed understanding of BPE’s usage of your Final Submission.
BPE may collect the following information from or about you:
- Information You provide to Us- We collect information You provide to us. For instance, when you register for the Olympiad, We may collect your name, email address, birth date, gender, address, ZIP code, and other information. In addition, We may collect information You provide to Us when You respond to surveys, set your preferences, contact BPE, or participate in any activity that BPE may organize from time to time.
- Account and Profile Data from Third-Party Services. If you choose to access the Website, register for Olympiad or otherwise participate in any other activity conducted by BPE, or contact BPE, through a third-party service (such as Facebook), we may, for example, collect your user ID and user name associated with that service, as well as any information you make public using that service. We may also collect information you have authorized the service to share with us (such as your user ID, address information, public profile information, email address, birthday, friends list, pages you have “liked” and other account and profile data).
Use of Information We Collect
We use the information we collect from or about you in order to help deliver a first-class user experience. Our use of this information may include the following:
- Conducting activities under BPEs
- contacting You, including for promotional purposes;
- identifying content You like & Share;
- conducting research;
- compiling aggregate data for internal and external purposes;
- preventing potentially illegal or harmful activities, including fraud;
- protecting your and our rights;
- other uses in accordance with our Terms and Conditions; and
- any other purpose that is disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or that is related to a request made by you.
BPE will not sell, share or otherwise disclose information collected in any manner with third parties, other than those parties necessary to fulfil the above purposes. You have a right of access to, modification and withdrawal of your personal data.
Rights and Information of users
User has a right to alter, correct or update his personal or non-personal information including details We collect during registration, payment information and other related information. Deletion of personal information may be requested by You as and when required. We would attempt to respond to all requests relating to such issues in accordance with law. We retain the right to reject any unreasonable or unrealistic requests, requests that could expose us to fraud in any manner or requires unnecessary technical support. We promise to prevent and take measures in order to dispose off any personal information of the user when not required.
11. General Conditions
BPE’S decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Olympiad, including interpretation and application of these Terms (without prejudice of any claim that could be filed before the Court). Potential Winners and/or their parents or legal guardians may be contacted by BPE via email or phone. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Participant based on an email address, the Participant in question may be disqualified subject to BPE’s sole discretion. BPE reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found tampering with the “Final Submission” process or “Final Submission” materials or otherwise interfering with the proper administration of the Olympiad or violating these terms. BPE may cancel, modify, or suspend the Olympiad (or portion thereof) due to a force majeure event or any other event beyond the BPE’s reasonable control, as determined in the BPE’s discretion. In the event of termination, BPE reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to determine the Finalists and/or Olympiad Winners (as applicable) from among all nonsuspect, Eligible Final Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure set forth herein. You hereby acknowledge and agree, personally and through your parent or legal guardian, that the relationship between you and BPE is not a confidential, fiduciary, exclusive or other special relationship, and your decision to submit a “Final Submission” in connection with this Olympiad does not place BPE in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the Final Submission, other than as set forth in these Terms.
We may terminate or suspend access to the Website immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including, but without limitation, if you breach the Terms.
All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
13. Governing Law
BPE is headquartered in the Bangalore, India and. Participation in the Olympiad and use/access of the Website is granted to Users in India and across the globe. By viewing any content or otherwise participating in activities organized or run by BPE, you consent to the transfer of information which may not be restricted to India but in furtherance of activities/workshops conducted by BPE to the extent applicable, and the collection, storage, and processing of information under Indian laws.